Thursday, February 26, 2015

Dragon Warrior 2 - Un-puppy-fying the Princess

Not too much to add with this update. Last time, we found this gigantic dog in Hamlin, right?

This bitch again.

Then after visiting the ruined castle of Moonbroke, the ghost of the king told us that dog was actually the princess under a curse. And since she is the last member of our adventuring party, we needed to lift that. Another ghost in the ruins of Moonbrooke told us about the item we needed... The mirror of Ra.

Why does this ghost even know this?

This place IS geographically southeast of Hamlin if you look on the overall map. However, it's actually a lot easier to get to from the ruins of Moonbrooke if you can manage it. For me, I had gotten worn down so much going to Moonbrooke, that I had to go back to Hamlin to rest. I also bought a Wyvern Wing to get back to the save point in Hamlin faster.

I wish I had remembered to take a screenshot where I found the mirror,but I forgot. Basically, not too far to the east of Moonbrooke, there is a patch of swamp with four bridges in sight on screen. If you use the SEARCH command on one of the squares, you find the mirror.

Then, when you go back to Moonbrooke, you find the dog and use the mirror on it to break the spell...

This dog has a pretty reflection.

She is super grateful to not be a dog anymore. So, that's got to be good for your karma. Now, I wonder of the English version is missing something in translation here, because I found it weird that escaping from Hargon's attack in the intro would somehow "curse" the princess into dog form.

Well, you're welcome. Want to come fight monsters with us?
And why would I need a magic mirror to release her? That whole plot point seemed tacked on as an excuse to give me busywork.

You are weak as hell, girl.

Anyways, she joins the party at the weak ass level one, and has no equipment. So, next order of business is to level her up, and maybe go back to the earlier town of Leftwyne and buy her a magic knife. Because she can't use any of the equipment for sale in Hamlin.

But after that, we are going after the "Cloak of Wind" that gimpy guy in Hamlin told us about. I have no other leads to follow up on anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment